Monday 25 April 2011

Weekend with Bibi, Part 2!


Saturday morning Bibi took me to Primark (which is essentially what H&M was here 5 years ago, I guess; read: really cheap but decenttt trendy clothes). We went in search of hats for church, but came out with ... other things. Here is Bibi admiring our new knock-off Royal engagement rings.







We got a little overwhelmed in the 3-storey Primark, so we had a glass of wine at a cafe on a old sail boat moored along the quay - I only JUST learnt this is pronounced 'key,' dear god.



I've also just realized that I am wearing my stupid horse blazer in EVERY picture we took this weekend.


I took Bibi to the Arnolfini for brunch (it was weird being the 'tour guide,' as Bibi had never been to Bristol).


My bubble and Squeek, Bibi's gazpacho.


We then headed up Park Street to Clifton. I hadn't stopped to look carefully in any of the shops before. Bibi showed me what is now my favourite place on earth, the Cath Kidston store. (Mom/Kyra have already given me a pair of crafting scissors from here - I will have to start a collection now).


House-wiving supplies:


For Lily, Kate?:


Bibi had an excellent idea which was to buy all the good weekend papers and lie in another sunny park.




Clifton is the NICEST.




This is type of home that is found in Clifton. I love how carefully parked/positioned these two Mercedes are:



Not sure why we didn't buy these, for only 60p.


Sunday we went to Church for Easter at the giant Bristol Cathedral. We wore Easter dresses and flowers in our hair and I was sort of bummed when they specifically stated that adults could not join in on the Easter egg hunt and instead had to listen to the sermon. But, it was very beautiful and nice and definitely ... an experience. We were 'blessed' instead of taking communion, which I thought was nice - they didn't leave those of us 'living in sin' out entirely.


In our Sunday best:


After church it was BACK to the Arnolfini for chocolate croissants and coffee by the quay.


Then to the College Green for Pimm's & Lemonade (in a can!) and more Easter eggs.




Bibi had to catch her train that afternoon, so we said goodbye. But I'll be seeing her again when I visit her new place in London next month! Today I have been recuperating from my exciting weekend. I can't believe I am halfway through my internship already - all these holidays are making it go by SO quickly.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are *unbelievably* cute! A match made in heaven, Victoria, merry England, wherever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair flowers are best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing.

    (and pls pls pls bring me back one of those rings and some bunting!!)

    ReplyDelete