Monday 18 April 2011

Sunday: English Breakfast

Sunday I decided I deserved a day to sleep in/do nothing, so around noon I wandered up Fishponds Road to the 'Porto Lounge,' which sounds swanky, but is actually the cutest, most comfy little cafe/bar with wooden everything. I ordered the full breakfast and a pint (my first since I arrived, I think?) and it was THE BEST. The hashbrowns look sort of sad but they were very light and tasty, and no I did not touch the black pudding.


Guess what was hiding under my toast! A teeny pot of beans!


I decided to linger for a while, while I did my 'homework' for work (which was learning the house style guide) and sipped on a Stella (I may be in England, but I refuse to drink anything darker).


I also thought I should brush up on my Jane Austen, as Bibi and I are going to Bath next weekend! She has even booked her train!

The Porto has a 'community book swap' shelf, as well as a collection of board games. I lovelovelove the worn tables/chairs.


I also love that you could easily come here and order a coffee and a muffin (they had fresh baked pastries), OR a round of drinks/beers with friends. Such a relaxed atmosphere. They played good music, too; Stereophonics, which always reminds me of England.


I walked home though a little park and churchyard.


It was a really cute/relaxing Sunday; sort of just what I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment