Saturday 7 May 2011

to Cornwall!

I leave tomorrow morning for Redruth, Cornwall for my week of riding ponies! Today I spent the afternoon at a huge 'countrystore' (their word, not mine) - it's the best place on earth. Every horse product you can imagine, in every colour/variation you can imagine, plus general things like shovels and plants and boots and wool jackets for 'being outdoors' on your English farm.



I settled on this hat (not called helmets here!) - only mine's got a bit of grey on it. It's pretty 'eventer'-y, I guess - but I already have a classic velvet one so I opted for the 'sporty' look this time. I also got some 1/2 chaps (£15 - so cheap) and had to restrain myself from buying two different pairs of jods (they had PLAID) and a bridal hook...

I imagine I won't be riding the ENTIRE time I'm there (I've sort of been wondering what I'll get up to in the evenings), so I bought a new book.


Which I know nothing about other than that it is about Hackney, London and it has a very nicely designed cover!

Here's an inspiring promotional shot from the farm's website. You can picture me galloping over grassy hills the next 6 days. However it's currently pouring rain (the first time it has since I arrived), so this may not be so accurate.


No comments:

Post a Comment