Wednesday 18 May 2011

Food

My lunch a couple of weeks ago - I normally just eat a muffin, but this day I was organized: Quiche Lorraine from the grocery store deli, a with watercress salad and cherry tomatoes.


Lunch by the quay last Saturday afternoon: Marks & Spencer salad with brown rice, lentils, soy beans, red pepper and prawns, in a sweet-chili dressing, with a to-go (!) glass of rose. Not pictured: mini M&S jaffa cakes for desert.


Dinner (on several occasions): Coconut chicken curry with pilau rice, served in a cancer-inducing microwavable plastic container - but really delicious and no strange ingredients/preservatives! I normally eat these during the week when I am too lazy to grocery shop or cook after work.


Dinner tonight: mashed potatoes, braised spinach, and pork 'bangers' with sweet onion chili and basil. Served with English mustard, a sprinkling of coarse salt and a glass of £4 red wine. Yes - I ventured into the dirty kitchen, cleared a spot on the crumb-covered counter, and actually made a meal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment